The Law Firm has many students studying abroad in countries like United States Of America | United Kingdom | Canada | New Zealand | Australia | Germany | Russia | France | China | Poland | Lithuania | Malaysia | Singapore and other Schengen countries. The Law Firm student Counselor guides the students for availing admission in Bachelor (Under Graduate) and Masters (Graduate) Courses in varied subjects like Engineering, Computers, Science, Technology, Pharmacy, Mathematics, Business, Nursing and many more.

Cultural Exchange Visa

The J-1 Visa or Exchange Visitor Program was first implemented in 1961 as part of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961. The motivation behind this act was to promote the understanding of other cultures by the people of the United States and likewise the understanding of the America culture by people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges.The U.S. Department of State plays the primary role in administering the J-1 exchange visitor program.

A J-1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa available to aliens that fall under the designation of "Exchange Visitor". J-1 exchange visitors travel to the United States through a Department of State approved sponsor program to teach, study, receive training or demonstrate special skills. To obtain a J-1 Visa, your sponsor must be accredited through the Exchange Visitor Program designated by the U.S. State Department.

  • Individuals who qualify for J-1 status if sponsored through an accredited Exchange Visitor Program include:
  • Au Pair
  • College or University Student
  • Government Visitor
  • Intern
  • International Visitor
  • Physician
  • Professor and Research Scholar
  • Secondary School Student
  • Short-Term Scholar
  • Specialist
  • Summer Work Travel
  • Teacher
  • Trainee


Certain types of J-1 exchange visitors require that the alien return to his/her home country or country of last permanent residence for a period of two (2) years after the completion of the J-1 status. However, there are certain circumstances where this requirement can be waived.

Recently the State Department launched an extremely informative and user friendly J-1 visa website for participants and sponsoring organizations. The Department of State also maintains a complete and updated list of all sponsoring J-1 organizations on their J-1 website.

You can schedule a consultation by calling 91 – 94260 22879, email: or with our online consultation form.

© 2016 The Law Firm. All rights reserved. Powered By: Pristine Web Art           website hit counter