GO TO : Visitor Visa | Student Visa | L-1 Visa (Intra Company Transfer | Business Visa | Cultural Exchange Visa | Dependent Visa | Permenant Residency | Work Permit | Summer Camps

Green Card                             


The Law FirmFirm assists the Green Card Beneficiary to complete all the formalities once they receive the letter from National Visa Center. The Law Firm Attorney guides and prepares the entire file of the beneficiary with all the required documents and if needed do the documentation like affidavits, etc.

Obtaining a Green Card

What is a Green Card?

A Green Card gives you the right to live and work anywhere in the U.S., leave and re-enter the U.S. at any time, and the opportunity to become a U.S. citizen. What are the different ways to obtain a Green Card?

There are several ways for an alien to obtain a Green Card or become a permanent resident: through family, work, making significant investments, or qualifying under one of the special immigrant classifications.

Family - Based

U.S. Congress has made it somewhat easier for family members to be reunited with their relatives who are American citizens or lawful permanent residents.

1. Immediate Relative of an American Citizen If you are the spouse, child, brother or sister, parent, or if you are engaged to be married to an American citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident if the person to whom you are related or engaged files a petition with the USCIS (Formerly known as the INS) or the American Embassy of your country of residence.

2. Related to a Permanent Resident If you are the spouse or unmarried child of a lawful permanent resident, you can obtain a Green Card if the relative who has the Green Card files a petition with the USCIS (Formerly known as the INS) or American Embassy of your country of residence.

3. Other Relatives If you are the aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin, grandmother, or grandfather of an American citizen, of if you are the brother, sister, parent, or you are engaged to someone who holds a Green Card, you DO NOT qualify for a Green Card based on a "family relationship".

Employment - Based

If you are not eligible for family-based sponsorship (or even if you are), you may be able to obtain a Green Card on the basis of your work, as either a priority or non-priority worker.

1. Priority Workers Priority workers (also known as EB-1) are people who possess skills that are considered in short supply or especially needed in the U.S. Priority workers include people with extraordinary ability, outstanding researchers and professors, and multinational executives and managers. These highly skilled workers are exempt from undergoing the Labor Certification Process, which is a lengthy process that tests the local U.S. job market and protects U.S. workers interests.

2. Non-Priority Workers This is a broad classification and includes individuals with graduate degrees, professionals without graduate degrees, skilled and unskilled workers. Generally, non-priority workers are required to complete the Labor Certification Process to ensure that the vacant position cannot be satisfactorily filled by a U.S. worker. The exception to this rule involves National Interest Waivers (NIWs).


An alien entrepreneur from any country who invests from $500K to $1 Million USD in a new business and employs at least ten (10) American citizens or lawful permanent residents is eligible for a Green Card. The category allows for 10,000 immigrant visas per year to be issued and was designed to stimulate overseas investment and employment.

Special Immigrant-Based

Certain immigrants qualify as designated special immigrants, including: religious workers, medical doctors, certain former government and military officials, and retired international organization officials. In addition, certain groups are granted the right to immigrate to the U.S. or given amnesty.


Individuals who have suffered past persecution and/or have a well-founded fear of future persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group in his/her home country, are eligible to apply for a Green Card.

You can schedule a consultation by calling 91 – 94260 22879, email: info@thelawfirm.in or with our online consultation form.

© 2016 The Law Firm. All rights reserved. Powered By: Pristine Web Art           website hit counter